Poor Lane ... being the second child is kind of rough.
I totally fell off the monthly update train a LONG time ago. We continued to do the monthly photos (except for the 12 month one ... oops!), but I haven't done any updates.
So, here's my attempt to do a little update.
At 14 months, Lane constantly keeps us on our toes. She's a daredevil ... getting into things all the time, going for outlets, trying to climb the stairs, swinging from her highchair tray. This girl goes for what she wants and we have to be diligent watchers.
Over the last several weeks, we've been doing a sort of walking boot camp. I was so ready for Lane to be walking, so each night we'd have her walk from me to John and back again. And, she's finally starting to catch on and want to do it more and more. In fact, on Saturday, she stood herself up and took about 10 steps!
At 14 months, here's what Lane is up to:
• She likes pretty much all things we're eating. She's gotten pickier, but is still more willing to try things than her brother. I've found that she's more willing to try something and like it if she's fed it from a fork and even more willing if it's from my plate.
• She has 12 teeth. They started coming in pretty early and her 4th molar came in around 12 months.
• She loves bath time. Especially if she gets to take a bath with brother. They splash and play and it's endless giggles. But, she HATES getting out of the bath. There's usually lots of tears.
• She says a few words: Hi (aiiieeee), Bubba, Momma, Dada, and a small attempt at "Here ya go" when handing us a toy.
• She does great on her schedule -- still taking two 2 hour naps and it doesn't seem like we'll change that too soon. She goes to bed around 7 or 715 and wakes up sometime before 730. Sometimes she might sleep longer, but I don't like to her go past 730 since she's still taking a morning nap.
• Constant babble -- love her "baaaa baba ba"
• Lights up when her brother or daddy come in the room, especially first thing in the morning.
• If brother has a snack, she has to have a snack. If brother has something to drink, she has to have something to drink.
• All of a sudden, she's very interested in Gus. She wants to touch him, pull his tail, watch him. If Gus is around, she's watching him.
• Generally prefers Jack's "boy" toys -- cars, a battle axe (ha!), robot, building blocks.
• Her hair is crazy -- especially first thing in the morning or after a nap. I try to tame it with bows or pigtails, but she loves to try to take the bows and hair ties out. John likes to call her Benjamina -- in reference to Benjamin Franklin and his mulletish hair. Ha!
Generally, Lane is a very easygoing gal and she tends to be happy as long as she has something to eat and drink and someone to hang out with.
Oh, Lane, you've been the perfect addition to our little family. I have to admit I was shocked when you were a girl and a little intimidated at being a girl mom. But, I think we're going to have so much fun together. You're sweet little smile and perfect little laugh makes my heart melt. And the way that you extend your arms and wave your hands wanting us to pick you up is the cutest!
Your relationship with your brother is one of my favorite things to watch. You both have your moments, but more often than not, you enjoy making each other laugh -- which Daddy and I both love!
Over Christmas you started doing to funniest thing. When a boy you didn't know well would come up to you, you would look down and then bat your eyelashes at him. Oh, girl, we're in trouble!
Love you to pieces, sweet girl!