Way back on November 16 Lane turned 2!
Poor girl is the second child and has been neglected as far as blog post updates on her! So ... maybe as a resolutions [or goal...] for 2016, I'm going to try to keep on top of kid updates.
Anyway, Lane is really coming into her own as a big girl! She's been a little slow on the talking, but in the last couple of months, she's really taken off. Lots of words, lots of "I do it!!!"s and lots of repeating.
She and her brother get a long most of the time, but she definitely pushes his buttons when she's interested in his toys and even when she's not interested in his toys!
When Lane was a baby she almost never cried and smiled so sweetly all the time. I'd say that still describes her, but she's also starting to get lots of opinions and becoming more assertive. I once called her bossy, but was told that has a bad connotation and that really she's just practicing her leadership skills.
Lane has been the perfect addition to our little family and I just know our lives would be less exciting without her in it! She's going to do big things with her big personality and I'm excited to see where her life goes!
At 2 Lane is:
* More picky at meal times (doesn't like stereotypical kid things like mac & cheese or grilled cheese or PB&J, but loves steak, baked potato and often more willing to try things than her brother)
* climbing the stairs on her own, and coming down them on her belly on her own
* talking more and more (2-3 words at a time, lots of finding out where someone is)
* loves to color and draw
* great sleeper -- bedtime 7:15 to 7:30 and sleeps until 7 on weekdays or at least 7:30 on the weekends
* takes a 3 hour nap on the weekends (it's glorious!!)
* do okay at daycare and have two friends that we hear about constantly -- Penny and Winona
* starting to get more particular about clothes and what you wear (I still usually win, but I'm sure my days are numbered)
* never had a haircut except for the totally unneccesary one I had you get at about 9 months to get the long wisps of hair taken off
* tries to sing her ABCs all the time
* is probably ready to potty train, I'm just really not ready to take that on -- although with a third on the way (yes ... it's true. More on that later) we should jump on it because I don't want 2 in diapers!
How I want to remember Lane at 2:
* Loves her babydoll -- the baby, the baby's jammies, the baby bottle, her Elsa doll, Peppa Pig and her Elsa blanket go with her most places
* the way she walks with determination when she's in a "mood"
* how every night she insists on saying goodnight to daddy, bubba and Gus and probably also needs hugs from all 3
* Her need for small bits of independence -- "I dooo it!" or "Walk!"
* The way she rocks her baby or gives her baby a bottle and rubs it's back or shhs it
* Her love for her brother -- lots of imitating going on
* Her dance moves when we have a family dance party